entriesaboutchatlinks

Sunday, July 31, 2011
blogspot, I like you better. @ 11:00 PM

TUMBLR: glorified xanga.
blah. I thought it was going to be good, but there isn't a whole lot of writing going on which is definitely a draw back. Well it seems like Tumblr is the trendy thing to be doing right now so I am going to continue to try it out. So for the moment I will be keeping up with two blogs until I decide which one I like better. Tumblr seems to be a lot about followers and friends and reposting other peoples stuff. I just want to write dammit.

Anyway.
Earlier today I posted on tumblr, so I will simply repost it here because I liked it so much. In the future however I think I will have separate posts.


-because it’s sunday.

Ecclesiastes 5:5- “It is better not to make a vow than to make one and not fulfill it.”
How did I become such a slacker? - I asked myself this morning. The sad epiphany hit when I woke up on my couch this morning, got up, grabbed breakfast and proceeded to watch church on television in my pajamas like a complete bum. This is not the routine I have always been in but it is very much what I am used to now, although I can’t remember the last time I actually watched a sermon on tv..
That all being said, I don’t really believe in the church anyhow so I very much will be dragging my feet the next time that I go. Do not let my disbelief in the church be confused with a disbelief in God. Not the same thing. I believe in a relationship with Christ 100%. I know it is the prayer I said with my grandmother before she died that took her. And I know that the Lord brought me to the passage that I randomly selected to read with her on her last night. The church itself however, is full of shenanigans. If there is one thing I cannot take it is that “holier-than-thou” Christian that finds the need to attend church 2+ times a week simply because he cannot remember what he believes. Yes, it is nice to have fellowship with other believers, but this type of weak Christian is a cripple simply using the church as a crutch. It is said that Christians are supposed to “live in the world, but not of the world,” this cripple can’t do that. He will extricate himself from society and live in the safety bubble of the church with his “holier-than-thou” attitude and treat the rest of us like the slime and dirt of the earth. Just when he feels that he can begin to integrate back into society he will fall back into the same traps as before begin to live “in” the world, then once drenched in filthy sin crawl back to the church and be reminded of what he actually believes in (because he went into the world and conveniently forgot) and crucify himself for his worldly actions. Then the cycle starts over. Some of us don’t need to be reminded constantly of what we believe in, it is imbedded in us, along with the Holy Spirit, a conscience, oh and a proper back bone that let’s us stand up for what we believe in.
On another note, I think all churches should re-instate robes. Robes are very uniform, very formal. It shouldn’t matter what you wear to church, you shouldn’t be judged on it. Robes-problem solved.
Will I be a slacker in college? Only time will tell. Perhaps I will be filled with conviction and need to find a church